Caramel Apple Skillet cake is bursting with chunks of apple, drizzled with a homemade caramel glaze, and is perfect for Fall baking!
This caramel apple skillet cake is easy to make, and is bursting with fall flavors! The cake itself is made using brown sugar and sour cream, meaning it’s moist. And it’s loaded with cinnamon and apple. Making it perfect for the upcoming fall season!
To really take things over the top we have a caramel apple glaze to pour over the top. Which you can use either store bought caramel ice cream topping, or you can make your own Homemade Caramel Sauce. I love adding extra chunks of apple to the glaze, but you can leave them out if you prefer.
Top this with some vanilla ice cream and it’s a perfect fall dessert! If you make double the amount of glaze in the recipe then you will have extra you can drizzle over the ice cream too. Just in case you need a little more caramel apple flavor
If you tried this recipe please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below! Thank you so much!
Caramel Apple Skillet Cake
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp caramel
- ¼ cup apple, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large mixing bowl beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and mix until combined. Stir in the vanilla and sour cream.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, whisk together.
- Slowly add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix gently until just combined. Pour in the milk, mixing slowly. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix gently to combine.
- Fold in the chopped apple.
- Spray an 8 inch cast iron skillet with non stick baking spray, and pour in the batter.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Add the butter and milk to a small bowl, heat in microwave until the butter is melted.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and caramel until smooth (if you have bits of powdered sugar in the topping run through a fine mesh sieve if needed) Stir in the chopped apple.
- Once the cake is cooled carefully run a knife along the edge and turn over to remove the cake.
- Pour the caramel apple topping over the top of the cooled cake prior to serving.
The recipe Caramel Apple Skillet Cake first appeared on The Recipe Critic.