Tequila Lime Pie (and Recipe Video)
Tequila Lime Pie! An ultra creamy, lime pie laced with a hint of tequila! Almost like enjoying a bite of margarita!
Hello all! Is it too early for a margarita? No worries. It’s never too early for pie!!
I had to start with some kind of cliche joke I’m sorry. But seriously. It’s never too early for pie. And the fact that this is a Tequila Lime Pie makes it all the better. It’s seriously like taking a bite of a margarita. You know, if margaritas were solid and you could take bites from them.
This pie is super simple to make. Only a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of your time. It’s so creamy it’s almost heavenly. The tequila is baked so the alcohol is removed, but a hint of the taste remains. Giving this pie a cool, citrus, slightly Tex Mex flavor to it.
Now onto where this recipe came from!
Texas BBQ Platefuls of Legendary Lone Star Flavor.
A new cookbook put out by Oxmoor House and Southern Living. They sent me a copy to review and to share a recipe with all of you. Now..I could have gone for one of the mouthwatering BBQ recipes that they have in there. But the book is also full of some classic Texas side dishes, and sweets. Of course my stomach went to the sweets section and seeing as how I have a deep love for margaritas this Tequila Lime Pie caught my eye.
The book is full of classic Texan recipes. BBQ recipes. Side dishes. Appetizers. Sweets. Little tidbits of information about the origins of recipes. I loved it!
Tequila Lime Pie
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs, about 12 graham crackers
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup key lime juice, fresh
- ½ cup tequila
- sweetened whipped cream
- lime slices and zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pie pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Pour into the pie dish. Firmly press the mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the pie dish.
- In a large bowl add the sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks. Whisk to combine. Gradually whisk in the lime juice and tequila until well blended. Pour this mixture into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes until edges are set.
- Cool on wire rack until room temperature. Cover and continue to chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Top with whipped cream, lime slices and zest if desired.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!