Easy Spaghetti And Meatballs
Spaghetti and Meatballs. The PERFECT meatball, tender, juicy and loaded with flavor simmered in a rich marinara sauce. This is the one and only spaghetti sauce recipe you will need! Always a huge hit with the family and every guest!
This spaghetti and meatball recipe is so quick and easy to toss together! The meatballs and sauce are made in the same pan which means fewer dishes and an epically flavorful sauce. Plus I’m sharing all of my tips to ensure a tender, juicy meatball that won’t break apart when you cook it!
How to make the Best Meatballs
- Use Italian seasoned bread crumbs. This adds a wonderful flavor to the meatballs and the fine texture of the bread crumbs is perfect for soaking up the juice from the meat and the eggs making these meatballs juicy and tender.
- Sear the meatballs in the pan, getting a good sear on the meatballs helps them to get wonderful flavor, hold their shape, plus we get to use all those delicious brown bits leftover in the pan when we make our sauce.
- Mix the meatballs up with your hand. Using a spoon won’t get the job done and we don’t want to overmix with a mixer and wind up with tough meatballs.
- For ALL the tips and tricks on meatballs you’ll want to check out my Classic Meatball Recipe post.
How to make Spaghetti Sauce
Once the meatballs are seared on all sides, remove them from the pan and set them aside. Using the same pan continue with making the sauce.
- Saute the onion, once they are tender and translucent, add in the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in some tomato paste. This will add a thickness to the sauce.
- Add in the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, ground black pepper and salt.
- Stir all together.
- Add the meatballs back in.
- Let the sauce simmer and finish cooking the meatballs for at least 30 minutes. This helps the flavors to develop and soak into the meatballs also. While the sauce simmers, prepare the spaghetti noodles.
Then the last step is adding the noodles! You can either add the noodles to the sauce and stir together, let it sit at a low heat for a few minutes. I feel this infuses more flavor to the noodles. Or you can serve the noodles with the sauce spooned on top. Either way, this will be a huge hit for the entire family!
More Easy Family Dinner Recipes:Print
Spaghetti and Meatballs. The PERFECT meatball, tender, juicy and loaded with flavor simmered in a rich tomato sauce. This is the one and only spaghetti sauce recipe you will need! Always a huge hit with the family and every guest!
- 1 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds ground beef (80% preferred)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 –14 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 –14 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti noodles
- Fresh minced parsley and grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Mix the ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, grated parmesan, minced onion and minced garlic together in medium sized mixing bowl. Slowly pour in the milk and mix using hands to ensure thoroughly mixed. Mixture will be wet.
- Heat oil in a large pan or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Using hands roll meatball mixture into small balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place in the pan coated with oil.
- Cook the meatballs over medium heat, turning while they cook, until browned on all sides. Cook in batches if needed to avoid over-crowding. Once all meatballs are seared remove from the skillet and set aside. (do not worry if the meatballs are cooked through, they will finish cooking in the sauce)
- Drain the grease from the pan, but leave all the blackened bits.
- Return the pan to the stove at a low heat. Add the onion and cook until softened. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomato paste.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes. Add in the oregano, basil, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine. Add in the light brown sugar and stir.
- Return the meatballs to the pot. Gently mix into the sauce.
- Bring sauce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering cook the spaghetti noodles according to their directions. Combine the sauce and noodles together in the sauce pan, or just pour the sauce directly over the noodles. Top with parmesan and fresh basil if desired and enjoy!
Recipe will make about 20 large meatballs.
- Category: pasta
- Method: simmered
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 505
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 71 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 86 mg
Keywords: spaghetti, meatballs, pasta, dinner,