Pumpkin Oatmeal. Enjoy the flavors of pumpkin pie for breakfast in this quick and easy to make oatmeal recipe! Instructions for stove, microwave and overnight!
Nothing is better than enjoying some leftover pumpkin pie for breakfast. Although, making this slightly healthier pumpkin oatmeal is almost as enjoyable. This breakfast oatmeal recipe is quick and easy to make, plus there’s instructions for 3 different ways you can make this!
How to Make Pumpkin Oatmeal
My favorite way to make this oatmeal recipe is on the stovetop.
- Add Old Fashioned Rolled Oats to a small saucepan. Then pour in the milk you’re using. I typically use an almond milk. But I have made this with 2% milk also. You can use whatever milk you have on hand.
- Bring the milk and oats to a simmer.
- Add in the spices, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree. Stir it up to combine. Allow the oats to cook in the mixture for several minutes until the oats are softened and cooked.
Then if you’re looking for the ultimate breakfast treat give the bowl of oats an extra swirl of maple syrup and just a bit of heavy cream. Not a necessity, but it’s SO good.
How to make Pumpkin Oatmeal in the Microwave
Some mornings are slightly more rushed than others, and in that case, this oatmeal recipe can absolutely be made in the microwave.
- Add the milk and oats to a microwave safe bowl. Cook on high for about 2 minutes, or until the oats are softened.
- Remove the oats from the microwave, stir in the pumpkin, maple syrup and spices.
How to make Overnight Pumpkin Oatmeal
In the case that you want something ready to grab and go in the morning you can also prep this oatmeal recipe the night before and have some Overnight Pumpkin Oatmeal!
- Add the oats and milk to a large jar, or other container with a lid. Stir them together.
- Then add in the spices, pumpkin, and maple syrup. Stir it all up together. Seal the jar and place in the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- In the morning remove the oats from the fridge, stir and add any additional liquid if needed.
More Oatmeal Recipes to enjoy:
WANT TO TRY THIS PUMPKIN OATMEAL?
PIN IT NOW!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled oats
- 1½ cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
To make Pumpkin Oatmeal on Stovetop:
- Add the oats to a small pot and add the milk. Cook over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes. Just until the oats are softened and cooked.
- Top with additional maple syrup, nutmeg and a small amount of heavy cream for an ultimate breakfast treat.
To make Pumpkin Oatmeal in Microwave:
- Add the oats, and milk to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 2 minutes or until oats are cooked through.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, your choice of honey/maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
To Make Overnight Pumpkin Oats:
- Pour oats into a jar or plastic container that comes with a lid.
- Pour in almond milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and your choice of honey/maple syrup.
- Put the lid on tightly and shake to combine, or stir together.
- Place the container of oats into the refrigerator and allow to chill overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Once chilled, the oats will be softened and have absorbed most of the liquid, add any additional liquid as needed (extra almond milk).