This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This comforting, snickerdoodle oatmeal is perfect to warm you up in the mornings.
There’s nothing better on a cold day than a nice warm bowl of comforting oatmeal. Well..perhaps the only thing better would be this Snickerdoodle Oatmeal! Combining one of my favorite breakfast meals with a dessert snack is always a good idea. Besides, it’s oatmeal, so that means that whatever I add to it, it will still be healthy right?
For this recipe I added milk to the oatmeal, I used the two percent that I had on hand, I would have used Almond Milk if I had some, I enjoy the Vanilla flavor in my oatmeal, it’s a special treat. Or on a normal day I just add water. For this recipe I used milk, it just makes it a little more enjoyable and comforting, but if you’re not able to do milk, or prefer something else, don’t let this stop you! Just substitute your preferred milk, or even water.
And of course I topped it off as I would any snickerdoodle. With a lovely combination of sugar and cinnamon. Feel free to reapply as you eat the oatmeal, it’s more than possible I reapplied a few times. Again, if you’re counting the calories or sugar intake, you can feel free to leave that part out.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1½ tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Additional sugar and cinnamon for topping optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and milk to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, add a pinch of salt, stir in the oats and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Let the oatmeal simmer for 5 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Once the oatmeal has cooked, stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid, and let the oats rest for a couple minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar as a topping before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.