Pecan Pie Bars
In case you haven’t noticed, I’m slightly obsessed with pecan pie. I eat it for breakfast, snacks, and of course one of your favorite recipes: the mini version. Now we’re adding to the list with these Pecan Pie Bars. These are like the chill cousin of pecan pie. Pecan Pie can be a little high maintenance sometimes, having to get all done up in the pie crust 💁🏻 These bars come together much quicker due to the ridiculously easy cookie like crust.
The crust on these is easy to make, but tastes phenomenal. It reminds me of a sugar cookie. But flaky, like a pie crust should be. It’s the perfect density to hold up to that gooey pecan pie filling that is going to be spread on top.
I placed these bars in the fridge to cool down to make them easier to cut neatly. I found that eating them straight from the fridge cold was ahhhmazing. 👍🏼👍🏼
I hope you enjoy the recipe! You can follow along with me and never miss a recipe by signing up for my newsletter. Find me on Instagram, or follow along in my everyday life on snapchat (username: houseofyumm) 💜
Pecan Pie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar and salt. Using either a pastry blender, fork, or butter knife cut in the ¾ cup butter (slice the butter into tablespoon size slices, add it to the flour mixture, and mash it up until the mixture resembles crumbs)
- Pour in the milk and mix with fork, then with hands to ensure the moisture is evenly distributed in the flour mixture.
- Press the dough into the greased baking pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, the top of the crust will be a light brown color.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the pecan pie topping. In a medium size bowl lightly beat the eggs. Add in the light brown sugar, light corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla extract, and chopped pecans. Stir to combine. Spread this over the hot crust after it's baked for the 20 minutes.
- Bake again for another 20 minutes, or until the pecan pie filling has set (when you wiggle the pan the filling will no longer jiggle). Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into bars.
- *I found it easier to slice into bars when the bars were cold. Just place in refrigerator for about 20 minutes or until cold and slice.
- *I also loved eating them when they were cold! These can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature or in the fridge for 3-4 days.