Pecan Cobbler. This easy to make cobbler dessert has the rich flavors of a pecan pie. Plus it also has a cake like topping, and a caramel sauce that is made underneath as it bakes! This is sure to become a new family tradition!
What is Pecan Cobbler?
This pecan cobbler is the dessert of my dreams. Or possibly my husband’s. He’s the biggest fan of pecan pie I know. He asked for a pecan pie cake of sorts, and so this pecan cobbler came into life. It’s the best of all worlds.
This cobbler has all the richness of a pecan pie. There is no corn syrup involved in the recipe. There is a cake like topping, and a caramel type sauce that forms on the bottom while this cooks.
The instructions for how to make this might make you wonder about how it will turn out, but just trust me. I based this recipe on my previous Snickerdoodle Cobbler. Which is a cinnamon cake that bakes with a caramel sauce underneath.
We basically layer the ingredients, pour hot water over the top, and put it in the oven to bake without stirring things together. But trust me. It’s magical.
How to Make Pecan Cobbler:
As you can see in the images above, and as I mentioned, we will be layering the ingredients to have this cobbler bake correctly.
- Start with the melted butter in a baking dish. I have used a 2 quart and an 8×8 baking dish, both ceramic, and have this turn out.
- Mix together the cake ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, light brown sugar, and milk). Layer this on top of the butter. Don’t stir them together!
- Sprinkle the top with the topping ingredients (light brown sugar and chopped pecans) again, don’t stir!
- Pour the hot water on top. Don’t stir any of these layers together! This is what makes the layers develop while it bakes.
Other dessert recipes to try:
WANT TO TRY THIS PECAN COBBLER?
PIN IT NOW!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1½ cup water, hot
- Preheat oven to 350℉ degrees.
- Pour melted butter into 8×8 baking dish, or you can use a 2 quart baking dish. Ceramic.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, and light brown sugar. Stir with a fork or whisk to mix.
- Pour in milk and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients: light brown sugar and pecans. Mix with fork until combined. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the top of the cake batter.
- Pour hot water over the entire cake, make sure you are covering the entire cake evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!