This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Celebrate in style with these Champagne Margaritas. A bubbly combination of a lime margarita and champagne plus lime sugar on the rim of the glasses!
All about these Champagne Margaritas…
These Sparkling Margaritas will be the highlight of any celebration. Sweet, bubbly, and sparkly. Not to mention they also have all the flavors you love in a margarita, tart and fresh lime juice and the warm earthy notes of tequila. Be sure to add this drink to the menu for your next celebration, they are:
- Quick and easy to make.
- Easy to make ahead of time and for a crowd.
Notes on Some Ingredients:
- Champagne: Grab a bottle of Extra Dry, this has additional sweetness that is a great complement to the overall drink.
- Lime juice: be sure to use fresh juice.
- Tequila: a silver or blanco will be the best option.
- Sugar: if you would prefer a salty rim, you can easily swap out the sugar for coarse salt.
How to Make (step-by-step):
- Step 1: Prepare the glasses, mix together the lime zest with the sugar to make a lime flavored sugar. Then gently run a wedge of lime around the rim of the glass and dip that into the sugar. This makes a beautiful sparkly, and tasty rim.
- Step 2: Make the margarita mix, combine the tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice. Mix this together.
- Step 3: Top off with champagne.
- Fresh Lime Juice: take the time to use fresh juice in these cocktails. Due to using minimal ingredients, the juice does stand out and jarred juice is full of additional flavors and sweeteners.
- Preparing in advance: if you are serving a crowd, prepare the margarita mix (tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice) ahead of time and store chilled. Then pour three ounces of the margarita mix in a glass and top off with champagne when ready to serve.
- Sweet or salty: serve according to your preference, I prefer sugar on my rims but you can easily swap it out
A silver or blanco tequila will work great for mixing into margaritas.
To pair with the drink grab an extra dry, this is a sweeter champagne since we’re not adding any sugar or simple syrup to this drink, the sweetness is a great complement.
Absolutely! The recipe card below is for a single drink, but instructions for a crowd are in the notes below.
More Margarita Recipes:
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur
- 1 ounce lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 ounces champagne
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- Spoon the sugar onto a small plate, add the lime zest. Mix together with fingers until fully combined.
- Rub a slice of lime along the rim of the glass to get it wet and dip the rim into the sugar to coat with the lime sugar.
- Combine the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice in a glass, stir until mixed.
- Top off glass with champagne.
- Tequila: use a blanco or silver
- Lime juice: use freshly squeezed juice
- Champagne: Extra Dry for a bit of sweetness to the drink.
- Making in advance/for a crowd: prepare the margarita mix ahead of time by mixing tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, pour 3 ounces of margarita mix into the glass and then top with champagne. Calculate amount needed by following recipe above (example 20 drinks =20 ounces of tequila, 20 ounces orange liqueur, and 20 ounces lime juice).
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe first published December 28, 2015. Updated December 22, 2021 with new images, video and information. Recipe is unchanged.
Photography done by the talented @KJandCompany.co