This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies. These homemade brownies are loaded up with a layer of creamy cheesecake then swirled with a sweet strawberry sauce for a pop of color and flavor! Spoon the extra strawberry sauce over the top for an extra special dessert!
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I thought these Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies would be an appropriate way to celebrate the day. Just a little something I made to show you how much I care.
To be honest this recipe was a labor of love. It took me a couple of tries to get it just right. I tried combining cheesecake with brownies in different ways. I tried making a strawberry cheesecake with real strawberries and ended up with a rather unpleasant pink muddy colored cheesecake. I tried swirling cheesecake into the brownie and ended up with a weird cheesecake/brownie texture that just did not make me feel the love.
But persistence and my desire to share nothing but the best with you led to these beauties right here.
Because let’s be honest. If we’re going to spend the time baking, we want the end product to be so mouthwateringly decadent and delicious. Right?
Which is exactly what these strawberry cheesecake brownies deliver.
Baking the brownies a bit before adding the cheesecake helps to make those perfect layers. Not that my layers are perfect…some food photographers get those perfect layers. I have layer envy. Something I’m working on.
The strawberry swirl is made with my homemade strawberry sauce. Just strain the berry chunks out of the sauce you’re using in the swirl. Then pour the juice you don’t use back into the berries and generously pour that sauce all over the top of the cheesecake brownies when you’re ready to serve. Because you can. And because you love yourself and you love whoever you’re choosing to share these with. And because that is what life and dessert is all about.
Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp strawberry sauce or can use strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil, spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl prepare the brownie batter. Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars and cream until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, mix until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix until fully combined and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until the brownies are mostly set.
- While the brownies are baking prepare the cheesecake mixture. In a medium size bowl beat the cream cheese until creamy.
- Add in the sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Mix on high speed until mixture is smooth and creamy, no lumps.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture on top of the pre-cooked brownies and carefully smooth out with a rubber spatula. If you spread it too roughly you will tear up the brownies underneath.
- Once the cheesecake layer is smoothed out, spoon the strawberry sauce or jam on top. Using a butter knife gently swirl. (if using the strawberry sauce you will want to pour it through a strainer to use just the sauce portion, then add the remaining sauce back to the berries to spoon on top of finished brownies).
- Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool for about 20 minutes on the counter, then place the pan in the fridge and allow to cool for another 2-3 hours prior to cutting.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.