Spicy Habanero Grilled Lamb liven up these tacos, that are a perfect blend of Mexican and Mediterranean flavors! Cool and creamy mojito cole slaw, cucumber salsa, and queso fresco complete the dish! Perfect recipe for grilling season!
Spicy Lamb Tacos with mojito coleslaw and cucumber salsa.
We’ve been cooking a lot of lamb lately. For several reasons, one reason…it’s been on sale at the market. The hubs really loves it. It cooks quick. It’s tasty! So when we saw the new KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub, we knew we had to give it a try on the lamb. Since that’s what we’ve been cooking.
And since what we do best is Tex Mex dishes in our home, it was only natural that we started making lamb tacos. They’ve become a regular in our house lately.
Working with lamb makes me feel like we should incorporate traditional mediterranean flavors. Which led me to the cucumber salsa. And mojito cole slaw. A typical pairing with lamb is mint. And a typical pairing with BBQ is coleslaw, so of course I had to combine those two things. Are you following my logic here?
Trust me, it all works out in the end. Now that you have a peek into the random way my mind works while in the kitchen let’s move on.
The KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce and Dry Rub was great on the lamb. And it’s a really fun product too. You can use it as a dry rub, you can add a liquid of choice (water, juice, some beer??) and make a BBQ sauce or a marinade for your meat. There’s a lot of options. We chose to use the Spicy Habanero flavor, because…spice.
The mojito coleslaw is a take on a traditional coleslaw. I added in chopped up mint leaves and lime juice. The flavors really accent the taste of the lamb. And as I said earlier, coleslaw and BBQ just go together. So this was the perfect addition to the lamb tacos.
Cucumber salsa, adds a pop of flavor, texture, and my favorite thing..color. It’s just gorgeous. I’m in love. The pops of the purple against the green.
I went with a queso fresco on the tacos, but I also had some feta on hand too. Again, fusing those mediterranean flavors with a little Texas.
Spicy Lamb Tacos. A perfect meal. Full of flavor. Color. And a little bit of spice.
Spicy Lamb Tacos (with Mojito Cole Slaw and Cucumber Salsa)
- 2 lbs lamb shoulder chop
- 1 packet KC Masterpiece’s BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub in Spicy Habanero
Mojito Cole Slaw
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 1½ tsp lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 cups coleslaw mix, chopped cabbage mix
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- 1 cucumber diced
- ½ cup red onion , diced
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- Corn tortillas
- Queso fresco
- Apply the KC Masterpiece’s BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub in Spicy Habanero to the lamb shoulder chops.
- Grill on BBQ until lamb is cooked to desired doneness (FDA recommends Lamb to be cooked to 145℉). We do about 3 minutes on each side.
- Once done remove from grill and slice.
Mojito Cole Slaw
- In a small bowl add the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, lime juice, lime zest. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium size bowl combine the cole slaw mix (cabbage) and mint. Pour the wet ingredients over the cabbage and stir to combine.
- In a medium size bowl mix the cucumber, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice together. Stir to mix.
- To assemble the tacos add the lamb meat, mojito cole slaw, cucumber salsa, and queso.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.