This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Mini Pecan Pies, or pecan tassies, might look small..but they pack a BIG Pecan Pie taste!
Pecan pie is my husband’s absolute favorite pie. I make it for him for all of our special occasions. Since we now have all kinds of little kids running around these days, I find that making them mini sized is perfect for their little hands! Plus they are all kinds of adorable. Not to mention the benefits of portion control.
These mini pecan pies are also known by several other names including:
- Pecan Tassies
- Pecan Tarts
How to Make Pecan Tassies:
These mini pecan pies are super simple to make. Of course, you can buy your pie crusts which makes it easier. Or you can make your own crust, my favorite method is shared here.
- Make the pecan pie filling.
- Cut the pie crust. You can either use a small cup and cut around it to make a circle shape. I used an Ikea child’s plastic cup for mine. Or you can use these flower cookie cutters (affiliate link) and they fit perfectly in the mini muffin tin. And the pies turn out super cute. It’s the method I used in the video for this recipe, and you can also see them on my French Silk pies.
- Fill the pie crust. Add the chopped up pecans into each crust. Then fill with the pecan pie filling. Be careful when filling them, if you fill them too much and the filling seeps from the top of the pie crust down the sides of the muffin tin, they will stick and be difficult to remove.
- Remove. I find the easiest method is to use a butter knife and gently separate them from the muffin tin. Give the pies a little twist and they will come right out.
Other Dessert Recipes to try:
WANT TO TRY THESE MINI PECAN PIES??
PIN IT to your Desserts board TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
More Popular Recipes from House of Yumm:
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 2 pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease your mini muffin tin. Roll out the pie crusts and cut with a circle cookie cutter, or I used a child's cup (from Ikea) about 3 inches in diameter. Press the pie crust into each cup in the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a small amount of chopped pecans into each pie crust.
- In a medium size bowl combine the sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, butter, and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Carefully pour about 2 tablespoons of the syrup into each pie crust, be careful not to get the syrup along the edges of the pie crust, this will make them stick when you go to take them out.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes. Mine baked perfect at 23 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Carefully remove from the muffin tin, if you need use a butter knife to slide along the side of the pies to loosen. Give a little twist and pull them out.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.