Homemade Peppermint Patties! Never buy these again! So easy to make, only a handful of ingredients needed! Perfectly cool peppermint center encased in decadent dark chocolate.
One of my favorite things about the holidays is the abundance of peppermint. And one of my favorite peppermint treats is Peppermint Patties. So it was only natural I made my own! These are some of the easiest candies I have ever made. Just as easy as these Peppermint Truffles.
The filling of these peppermint patties is super easy to make and comes together with only 3 ingredients. Sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract and powdered sugar. The end result with be almost a dough like consistency. Roll it out just like you would a dough. I used a medicine cup to cut mine out. Super easy, simple, and most of us have one or twenty of those around the house or cluttering a cabinet. And it’s the perfect size, you want something that is going to make the patties about an inch wide.
A quick dip into some dark chocolate makes these little patties complete. They taste even better than the ones you can buy, and the best part is that the recipe makes a rather large batch of them. Perfect for snacking on, or you can be kind and give some away as gifts. These are best kept in the fridge until eaten.
Homemade Peppermint Patties
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ tsp peppermint extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces dark chocolate , chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- In a medium size bowl mix the sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, and powdered sugar together until thick dough forms.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on a flat clean work surface and place the peppermint dough on the sugar. Using a rolling pin roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a medicine cup or other round object, cut out 1 inch circles from the dough. Place onto a wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Place the peppermint patties into the fridge to allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate in a heat safe bowl. Add the oil. Heat the chocolate in the microwave in 15 second intervals until the chocolate is fully melted. Stir until smooth.
- Using a fork dip the peppermint patties into the melted chocolate and place back on the wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Once all patties have been coated place the tray back in the fridge and allow the chocolate to set for another 30 minutes.
- Store the peppermint patties in the fridge until ready to be served! Enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out these Peppermint Truffles too! Only 4 ingredients needed!