The classic taste of an Eclair in an easy to make Cookie Cup!
Hey everyone. I’m here! It’s been awhile hasn’t it. I had a wonderful weekend. So many good things. The little Lily Pad turned two! And the hubs and I had our 3 year anniversary. So what did our weekend involve? A lot of delicious food. That’s how we like to celebrate! The only thing that could have made our weekend any better would have been another batch of these Eclair Cookie Cups! (But I was on vacation!) Although, I probably could have handled these, they are probably the easiest way to make an Eclair EVER.
I think we all have realized my love of cookie cups. I love changing them up though and taking other desserts, that I honestly don’t have the time or ambition to conquer at this time, and turning them into something quick and easy to make. Which is where these Eclair Cookie Cups come in. We start with our classic cookie cup, detailed instructions are below, and fill with a super easy vanilla pudding. The usual eclair pastry filling, while delicious, can be time consuming. But the vanilla pudding is as always, easy to make, and basically has the same taste and texture.
The real crown of this treat is that chocolate ganache. True decadence. The best part, it’s so simple you will jump for joy! Really. Chocolate chips and heavy cream. Give it a little love in a mixer and magic will happen. I have detailed steps in the recipe below. Just make sure that you give it some time in the mixer and time to cool, trust me it will thicken up and pipe onto the cookie cups perfectly.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe and will follow along on my cooking adventures:
Eclair Cookie Cups
The classic flavors of an eclair in an easy to make cookie cup!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 38 minutes
- Yield: 24
- 1 Sugar Cookie Mix + required ingredients
- 1 3.4 ounce of Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 11 ounce package of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease mini muffin tray and set aside.
- Prepare the sugar cookie mix according to directions. Roll the dough into small balls approximately 1 inch in diameter. Place one ball of dough into each space of the mini muffin tray. Press down the dough with a round spoon to create a small crater in the middle.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes, cookie cups will be slightly golden around the edges, they will still be slightly soft. Once you remove them from the oven press in the center with the round spoon again to re-create the crater in the center of the cookie cup. Allow to cool in the pan for another 5-8 minutes, then remove to continue cooling on a wire rack.
- To make the pudding combine the 2 cups of milk with the package of instant vanilla pudding. Stir for several minutes to ensure it is fully mixed and place into the refrigerator to set.
- To make the chocolate ganache frosting pour the chocolate chips into a medium size mixing bowl and set aside, pour the heavy cream into a small saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes and then pour the hot heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips are fully melted and heavy cream and chocolate are completely combined. Allow to set and cool to room temperature for approximately an hour. As it cools it will continue to thicken.
- Once the ganache is cool, pour into large mixing bowl and using mixer beat over high speed for 4-5 minutes. This will thicken it even more to be able to use the ganache as a frosting. Scoop the ganache frosting into a piping bag, I used a Wilton 2D tip.
- To assemble, take a spoonful of the vanilla pudding and scoop it into the crater of the cookie cup. It’s ok to add extra pudding so it sits higher on top of the cookie cup. Then pipe on the chocolate ganache frosting. Serve immediately and enjoy!! Can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Prep time includes an hour time allowing the ganache to cool to room temperature.
If you make this recipe make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with #houseofyumm ! I love seeing your creations!
More Sweets For You to Enjoy!34