This creamy and cheesy coleslaw loaded with bacon is the perfect side dish for any meal!
How Do I Make Blue Cheese Coleslaw?
This blue cheese coleslaw is made like a regular coleslaw. Chopped cabbage and carrots, mixed with a sweet, tangy dressing loaded with blue cheese crumbles. My favorite part? The bacon pieces that get mixed in. If you’re in a rush though or have no bacon on hand it can absolutely be left out.
We make this coleslaw often and only rarely go through the effort of cooking the bacon to add it in.
How Do I Make A Coleslaw Dressing?
This coleslaw dressing is made with a base of mayonnaise and sour cream. Mixed with a bit of sugar for sweetness and apple cider vinegar for a tangy bite.
Mixed all together this make a creamy dressing that coats the coleslaw mix perfectly. To make this a blue cheese coleslaw we just need to add the blue cheese crumbles. I like to mix some of the crumbles into the dressing and then sprinkle a bit on top as well.
This creamy and cheesy coleslaw with bacon is the perfect side dish for any meal!
- 10 ounces of coleslaw mix (chopped cabbage and carrots)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- additional blue cheese, salt and pepper as desired
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, and sugar into a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the blue cheese crumbles.
- Add in the cabbage and carrots mixture. Stir until completely coated.
- Top with the crumbled bacon and additional blue cheese as desired. Or stir the bacon into the coleslaw to enjoy in every bite!