This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Apple Crumb Muffins. Light and fluffy bakery style muffins loaded up with bits of fresh apple and spiced with a hint of cinnamon. All topped off with a delicate brown sugar crumble.
I have the deepest love for bakery style muffins. You know the ones, they are oh so soft and more cake like. And biting into them is a tiny glimpse into heaven. Well, that’s exactly what these muffins are. And that’s thanks to not shying away from the combination of butter and brown sugar. Sometimes a little indulgence is needed. That’s what these Apple Crumb Muffins are. A little bit of breakfast indulgence.
Apple Crumb Muffins:
Some tips for baking with apples. Granny Smith apples are my favorite for baking. They have a tart taste, which leaves the end product not too sweet. Plus they keep a good texture and consistency during baking.
Chop the apples into small pieces. The smaller, the better, to help with the texture of the muffin. You can also shred the apples, but when you do that there will be no little bits of apple in the muffin. It blends into the batter.
For more info on baking with apples you can check out my Caramel Apple Cookies recipe.
Want to use this recipe for fruits other than apples?! Go for it! Toss in some blueberries. Or maybe some strawberries! But for now, with my mind set on Fall, these Apple Crumb Muffins are perfection.
More Muffin Recipes:
WANT TO TRY THESE APPLE CRUMB MUFFINS?
PIN THEM NOW!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Apple Crumb Muffins
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups fresh granny smith apple chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Crumb Topping
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a regular size muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl add the butter and light brown sugar. Mix until combined. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add in the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix until well combined. Stir in the milk. Then fold in the apple chunks.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin liners until they are about ¾ full. Will make 12 muffins.
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the topping, stir together the light brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Pour in the melted butter and stir until crumbles form.
- Sprinkle a spoonful of the crumbs onto the tops of the muffins.
- Bake at 375 for about 30-35 minutes, until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for about 5 minutes, then remove to continue cooling. Serve and enjoy! Muffins will store in a sealed container for about 3 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.