This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These small muffins are the perfect breakfast, snack, or even dessert! Cross between breakfast muffin and cookie, they won’t last long!
These mini oatmeal raisin muffins would be perfect for breakfast or a snack. Or as my two year old seems to think, a perfect little oatmeal cupcake suitable for dessert.
These little bit size snacks are tender on the inside, slightly crispy on the outside, sweetened with maple syrup for a decadent depth of flavor, and spiced with a hint of cinnamon. Not to mention these are healthy treats! No refined sugars or flours. No oils, eggs, or dairy products. These healthy muffins are made with bananas and applesauce. A perfect way to sneak in some extra goodness.
These muffins come together quick and easy. The base of course is oats, Old Fashioned Oats lend a good hearty, chewy texture to the muffins. A small amount of white wheat flour adds a little more stability and structure. Sweetening with maple syrup highlights the drama of the cinnamon. The maple syrup can be substituted for agave also, but will be missing that lip smacking quality of depth in all the flavors.
The banana and applesauce serve to replace any eggs and oils in these muffins. Of course the bananas do lend a banana flavor to the muffins, but I loooove banana, so I have absolutely no problem with that! Make sure you scroll all the way down to snag the recipe for these little tasty bites. I have some more things to share with you first!
Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
- 1 banana mashed (approx 1/2 cup)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup can substitute with agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup white wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the mashed banana, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- In medium size mixing bowl add the oats, white wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry, stir until fully mixed. Fold in the raisins.
- Scoop the dough into the mini muffin tins, fill to the top.
- Place muffin tin into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the muffin tin for approximately 5 minutes, then remove and continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container for 3-4 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
More Recipes You May Enjoy: