This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A super fun treat for all ages! Cookie Monster Bark! This easy to make bark is loaded with chunks of cookies and fun little candy eyes.
My inner child is coming out today. I’ve had this Cookie Monster Bark in my mind for days now. Weeks. Probably months. Something I’ve been wanting to make and share with you. Finally I set aside the time to knock it out. And I am sooooo happy with how it turned out! It’s the candy eyes. It’s all in the eyes. I think I can put these little eyes on anything and say it’s Cookie Monster.
I also made a fun little video to go along with this recipe too, so you can see it in action!
Some quick tips for you when making this. After you chill the chocolate layer, let it warm up a little bit. Because when we put the candy melts on top if the chocolate layer is still super cold then the candy melts will harden quickly. Making it difficult to get all our fun cookies and eyeballs on there. Also, once you’re all done and the whole thing has set, let it warm up a bit back to room temperature to make it easier to break into pieces. If it’s cold straight from the fridge it’ll be kind of difficult. Other than that, this is super easy!
Cookie Monster Bark
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate I used Ghirardelli
- 8 ounces royal blue candy melts
- ¼ cup chocolate chip cookies broken
- ¼ cup chocolate sandwich cookies broken
- candy eyes
- Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it with foil or a silicon baking sheet, set aside
- Chop the chocolate, melt in microwave by putting in for 30 seconds at a time until fully melted. Pour over the prepared cookie sheet. Spread out into a thin even layer. Place sheet in fridge to allow the chocolate to chill for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the cookies and candy eyes. Break up the cookies and have the eyes nearby to work quickly before the next layer cools.
- Once the chocolate is set remove from the fridge, allow to come to room temperature about five minutes.
- Melt the blue candy melts by heating in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Pour over the chocolate and spread into an even layer. Press the pieces of cookie and the candy eyes into the blue chocolate before it sets.
- Place the sheet back into the fridge to set for another 10 minutes. Once set remove and allow to warm to room temperature for about 5 minutes. Peel from cookie sheet and break into pieces.
- Can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.