Chocolate Bourbon Truffles
Enjoy the taste of chocolate and bourbon together in these easy to make creamy, smooth chocolate bourbon truffles! Only 3 ingredients needed!
Hey y’all. I have a special dessert treat for us today. It involves a little chocolate and a little bourbon. Which makes this the hubs’ new favorite dessert! And as he would refer to it, it’s a true Texas dessert since it has bourbon in it.
Boy has it been a long week already! This marks our third full week back to school, back to soccer, back to wild and crazy weeks at the House of Yumm. Now with our littlest three year old daughter joining the ranks of soccer players in the house, she now brings us to a total three players! (all on separate teams) which as you can imagine makes for interesting, time consuming weekends and weekdays of pure chaos.
All while ensuring that little bubba man still gets a nap time! Are you tired yet? I sure am…
So as the end of the week draws near (does Wednesday count??), I have been silently thinking to myself, theres nothing more that I would like than having a nice cocktail, while sitting down on the couch, watching a movie, and eating something delicious and sweet. My wants are fairly simple.
That’s where these Chocolate Bourbon Truffles come in!
There’s just something about chocolate truffles and bourbon that just screams elegance, like a fine restaurant dessert mixed with a little honky tonk fun!
At this point you need to remember: we live in Texas. If there is two things Texans love it’s their BBQ and their whiskey. When it comes to whiskey my husbands motto is quite the opposite of “less is more” rather his whiskey motto is “Pour it like you own the place!”
I made these truffles a couple times, and I am going to give you the “safe” amount of bourbon to pour into the truffles. However, if you’re feeling a little more Texan, feel free to double the amount and you will definitely have a strong bourbon taste to enjoy.
These chocolate bourbon truffles are easy to make and follow the same method as the Peppermint Truffles I shared with y’all last year.
I do want to recommend using good ingredients, again, we’re basically only going to be enjoying the chocolate and the bourbon, so get good ones!
These little Chocolate Bourbon Truffles are a perfect treat after a long day, just remember.. Eat responsibly 🙂
Need Some More Truffle Inspiration?!
Chocolate Bourbon Truffles
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce bourbon
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- chocolate sprinkles
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heat safe bowl.
- In a small saucepan heat the heavy cream until it starts to simmer. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a minute, the cream should not be bubbling, then pour it over the chopped chocolate and allow it to sit for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate slowly until all the chocolate is melted and it is a nice creamy smooth texture. If there are still bits of unmelted chocolate making the mixture lumpy you can place the mixture in the microwave for 5 second intervals until fully melted. Do not overheat the mixture.
- Pour the bourbon into the chocolate and stir until mixed.
- Cover the bowl with the ganache mixture and place in refrigerator to chill. Allow it to chill for at least 2 hours, or until solid. Can be chilled overnight.
- Once the ganache is chilled and solid, remove from the refrigerator. Allow to warm for about 5 minutes prior to scooping it out. Using a melon baller, or cookie scoop, or a spoon scoop out the ganache and roll into balls that are about an inch in diameter. Place these onto a cookie sheet that is lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Once all the ganache is rolled into balls, you can roll into any optional toppings such as sprinkles or unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Place the cookie sheet with the truffles in the fridge to allow to cool for at least 20-30 minutes, this will allow them to firm for serving. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.