Banana Pudding Cookie Sandwiches. A new version on a southern classic! These Nilla Wafers are filled with a banana pudding mousse! Quick, simple,and fun to eat!
It’s finally time! Time for me to head on out to Texas! If you’ve read my previous posts you’ve been reading about my big move from California to Texas. In an attempt to get myself ready, and to be accepted, I’ve decided I’m going to attempt some Texas inspired treats.
First treat that came to my mind was Banana Pudding. The classic, southern, yummy, banana pudding with the Nilla wafers, and whipped cream. You know what I’m talking about!
Of course I had to put my own twist on it, so I turned it into these fun and cute little banana pudding cookie sandwiches.
The banana mousse is the same that I used on the Chunky Monkey Brownie Bites. And trust me when I tell you this stuff is so easy to make, and it is the bomb! I love banana pudding, and this tastes just like it, but it’s thicker because of the heavy cream. Which makes it perfect for using as a type of frosting, or in this case, filling.
Of course I had to add some sprinkles to a few of them, just to make them a little more fun. As we all know, sprinkles just make me happy.
You are going to love how easy these are to make, and how fun it is to have an easy to grab banana pudding treat! These would be perfect to set out for any gathering!Print
- 1 box of Nilla Wafers
- 1 3.4 ounce box of instant banana pudding
- 1 16 ounce carton heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Sprinkles as desired
- Pour heavy whipping cream into mixing bowl and mix, starting on low speed, then as it gets thicker, increase the speed until it is almost the consistency of whipped cream. Add in the instant pudding and the powdered sugar. Continue to mix on high speed until fully combined and the mousse is the consistency of a thick whipped cream.
- Add the banana mousse to a piping bag and pipe onto the Nilla Wafers. Sandwich the Nilla Wafers together to create a cookie sandwich with the banana mousse as the filling.
- Serve immediately, or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.