This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Banana Pudding Cookie Sandwiches feature vanilla wafers filled with a banana pudding mousse! Quick, simple,and fun to eat!
Banana pudding is one of our favorite dessert recipes. The combination of cream, banana, and wafer is a classic. These little cookie sandwiches capture the flavors all in a bite sized snack that is fun for little ones or for bringing to a summer BBQ or cookout.
- Vanilla wafers: Use classic Nilla Wafers or an Organic Vanilla Wafer.
- Heavy Cream: Both heavy cream and whipping cream will work.
- Powdered Sugar: Confectioner’s sugar melts into the mousse nicely. You can substitute with granulated white sugar or organic cane sugar, just add the sugar when you start mixing the cream to help it blend in completely.
- Instant Banana Pudding: A box mix of instant banana pudding makes this
How to Make Banana Pudding Cookie Sandwiches
- Make Banana Mousse: pour the heavy cream into a mixing bowl, and using a stand or hand mixer, start mixing until cream is a soft whipped cream. Add in the powdered sugar and instant pudding mix. Then continue to mix until soft peaks form in the mousse.
- Piping: Add the banana mousse to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe the mousse onto half of the vanilla wafers. Use the remaining wafers to create sandwiches.
- Sprinkles: a fun option that is not necessary, but make the banana pudding cookies colorful! Simply roll the cookies in some colorful sprinkles (or these dye-free sprinkles!)
Banana Pudding Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 box Nilla Wafers
- 1 (3.4 ounce box) instant banana pudding
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Sprinkles as desired
- Pour heavy whipping cream into mixing bowl and mix with stand or hand mixer, starting on low speed, then as it gets thicker, increase the speed until it is almost the consistency of whipped cream. Add in the instant pudding and the powdered sugar. Continue to mix on high speed until fully combined and the mousse is the consistency of a thick whipped cream.
- Add the banana mousse to a piping bag and pipe onto the Nilla Wafers. Sandwich the Nilla Wafers together to create a cookie sandwich with the banana mousse as the filling.
- Serve immediately, or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.