This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Hey you guuuyyyys. Easy Baked Salmon is on the menu! Smothered in a creamy Parmesan Cheese Sauce.
This beauty of a dish is brought to you by my hubs.
Y’all know we had baby #5 about 2 months ago. By the way, my kids really do have names, but sometimes I feel it might be easier for you to follow along if I use numbers.
My husband’s job is kind of amazing, and since I had to be back to work, HELLLOOO blogging, they gave him about 3 months off work to be the primary caretaker while I worked. Which has meant that he has been hanging with the babies while I’ve been cooking, and making cupcakes, and new FB videos for older recipes that y’all love.
AND! He’s also been cooking for me. Because to be honest, he’s the real foodie mastermind in the house. I may have ideas, but I always bring my ideas to him and he helps me polish them up and perfect them. Plus he’s the master of baking salmon in our home. He has it down to a science. It always comes out perfectly done. Tender, pink, flavorful.
Salmon is a go to meal for me. When I’m not sure what to make for dinner it’s typically salmon. Or eggs. And let’s face it, salmon is a bit more fun.
One night as I was sitting on the couch with the little newborn #5, my husband was in the kitchen doing as he usually does. A whirlwind of action, dirty dishes, and spills. After some time he brought me this dish. Baked Salmon covered in a Creamy Parmesan Sauce.
And you guys…. It is sooooooo good.
I don’t know that I would have thought to make a cheese sauce to pour over salmon all on my own. But honestly, I can’t think of eating salmon any other way after this. I am forever a changed person. A person who now demands creamy parmesan sauce on their salmon.
The only thing that makes this dish better is the addition of a little squeeze of lemon and some sliced up fresh basil. And if you’re wondering..yes my basil plant is still alive!! Still proud of myself.
Baked Salmon with Parmesan Cream Sauce
Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup milk used 2%
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 salmon filets
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with a non stick cooking spray.
- Lay the salmon filets down on the pan with the skin side down. Sprinkle filets with salt and pepper to taste (we do a pinch of salt on each filet and a light sprinkle of pepper).
- Bake for about 14 minutes. Salmon will have a light pink look to it and when cut into the meat will flake.
- While the salmon is baking, prepare the sauce.
Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and allow to melt. Add in the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour, this will make a thick paste. Allow this to cook for about a minute. Then slowly pour in the half and half and milk while stirring. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes. This will thicken the sauce.
- Add in the cheese and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the baked salmon. Squeeze a small amount of lemon juice (trust me SO good!) and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Question: how would you store both the salmon and the sauce if there are leftovers? Would you store them separately or together?
I would recommend to store them separately.
I just made this tonight and it’s fantastic! Instead of salt and pepper though, I used lemon pepper seasoning to taste – on both the salmon, and in the sauce. I also added dill to the sauce to make it pretty 🙂 Served with lemon herbed rice and caesar salad.. My teenaged kids love it!
Sounds like a delicious meal! I’m so glad y’all enjoyed it 🙂
I’ve died and gone to heaven. This sauce is Fantastic!!! I doubt I’ll find a better compliment to my salmon.
Perfect sauce for salmon. I’ve searched high and low for a sauce that was uncomplicated yet tasty. This one is it! I plan to try it on my trout. Thanks, Serene, for sharing this with us!
Pretty obsessed with this dish. I’ve made it so many days now that my spouse has ever requested me, how can you be sick of that? ….it’s delicious, balanced and straightforward. I typically stick in certain broccoli and top off it with enoki and half an times I”ve left itI’ve used trout. No Broad City though, I’m binge Seeing Downton Abbey in the moment.
The sauce turnt out great thanks!!