This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Soft and fluffy Snickerdoodle Cookie cups filled with sweet cinnamon and vanilla swirled frosting.
I’m back at it! Cookie cups. We all knew that I would be coming out with another one soon. And these Snickerdoodle Cookie Cups are so fun you’re going to LOVE them! The perfect blend of cinnamon and sugar with a soft, fluffy cookie cup and a sweet cinnamon vanilla frosting. These cookie cups are irresistible.
If you tried this recipe please leave a comment and a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below! Thank you so much!
Snickerdoodle Cookie Cups
- 1 package of Snickerdoodle Cookie mix plus required ingredients
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon Sugar
For the Frosting
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp butter room temperature
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Extra sugar and cinnamon for topping optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a mini muffin pan and set aside.
- Prepare the cookie dough according to directions, roll the cookie dough into small balls about 1 inch in diameter, coat in cinnamon sugar mixture, and press into the mini muffin tin. Repeat until all the dough is used, should make about 20 cookie cups.
- Using a spoon press in the center of the cookie dough to make a small crater. This will help them bake more evenly.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until completely cooked. Remove from the oven to cool, using spoon press in the center of the cookie cups again to form the crater in the center, allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove cookie cups from the muffin tin and allow to continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Add all ingredients minus the cinnamon into large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until fully combined and frosting is fluffy. Add powdered sugar or milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Move half the frosting to another bowl and add the cinnamon to one half of the frosting.
- To frost the cookie cups I used a piping bag and a Wilton 2D tip.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
I really want to try this recipe but I’m confused about the frosting. It says to divide the frosting in half and add cinnamon to one portion. What do you do with the other half? In the picture it appears they are swirled together but nothing is said about that in the directions. Maybe I’m missing something?
Yes! You are right, it appears there is a gap in the recipe. I will have to update this. You will add both the cinnamon frosting and the regular frosting into a piping bag, simply scoop the frosting into the bag one next to the other and as you pipe the frosting on it will swirl beautifully.
I’ve made these twice this month and love them! Definitely a favorite in my family! 🎄
I don’t see an updated comment on your cookie cup, I own an a gluten free cookie company, (Dee’s GF Cookie COmpany) in San Antonio and ill be adding these to my menu!
THANks for the great idea,
I must be missing something.! You say you need a recipe for snicker doodles and your favorite recipe for snickersoodles but nowhere is there anything mentioned about mixing the two. Can you just use your favorite recipe for snicker doodles in this recipe? Looks like it is just a snicker doodle cup with piped icing right? Look delicious and would like to try just don’t want to mess them up.
Hi Linda. The instructions say that you can use a store bought mix for Snickerdoodle cookies, like the one that Pillsbury or Betty Crocker has out, plus the required ingredients according to the package. You would prepare the cookie dough as instructed on the package. OR if you have a snickerdoodle recipe that you love and would rather make them homemade than using a mix then you can do that instead 🙂 Hope that helps!
I love Snickerdoodle anything! I’ve never made cookie cups, but now you have me really wanting to try them. The frosting and the cinnamon-sugar sprinkle are the perfect finishing touch!
Serene, these look amazing- I just want to chomp into one right now! The extra cinnamon & sugar for topping makes them look so pretty and festive, definitely not optional for me!
WOW! I love snickerdoodle cookies and the idea of a cookie cup WITH swirled frosting?? INSANE!! (In a very, very good way). I can’t wait to try these!
Thank you so much Erin! I love insane in a good way 🙂 Hope you’re having an amazing week!