Award Winning Turkey Chili
This healthy turkey chili recipe is thick and hearty and bursting with flavor. Loaded with lean ground turkey, tender beans and the perfect spice blend.
- 1 pound turkey ground
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 (15 ounce can) tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce can) diced tomato
- 1 (7 ounce can) diced green chiles
- 1 (15 ounce can) kidney beans drained, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce can) black beans drained, rinsed
- 1-2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- sour cream
- cheese shredded
- green onion sliced
Add the ground turkey, and onion to a medium size skillet. Cook over medium heat until the onion is soft and the turkey is completely cooked. Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
Remove from heat and add to the crockpot.
Add in all the other ingredients, stir to combine. Cook over low heat for 4-6 hours.
Add the meat to a large pot or dutch oven. As the turkey is cooking, add the chopped onion to cook and soften.
Once the meat is cooked and the onion is softened, drain any excess moisture. Add the garlic and allow it to cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Add all the other ingredients. Bring the chili to a simmer and allow to cook for about 10-15 minutes. Serve and top with all your favorite toppings!
Chili Powder: Start with 1 tbsp and add more to taste.
- How to Freeze this turkey chili: let the chili cool to room temperature. Add to a freezer safe container. Store in the freezer for 3-4 months. To reheat, thaw the chili in the refrigerator overnight, pour into a large pot and heat over medium heat for 20 minutes, until warmed through.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 364mg | Potassium: 259mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 995IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg