Only a handful of ingredients are needed to make these Easy Classic Margaritas at home! No pre-made mixes are required. Enjoy the flavors of fresh squeezed lime juice, orange liquor and your favorite tequila.
- 1 ounce lime juice approximately 1 lime
- 1 ½ ounces triple sec
- 1 ½ ounces tequila*
- ½ ounce agave can sub with simple syrup*
- ⅛ tsp coarse salt
- lime wedges
Combine the ingredients in a drink shaker already filled with ice, or a jar or glass if you don't have one.
Shake, or stir if needed to mix the ingredients together.
Rub a lime wedge over the rim of the glass and dip into coarse salt.
Add ice into the glass
Pour into a glass over ice.
Garnish with a lime wedge on the edge.
Serve immediately and enjoy
- Tequila: A good quality silver tequila is typically used in margaritas. But you can use a gold tequila as well. Use whatever you have on hand or prefer. Fewer ingredients does mean that the tequila you choose will stand out.
- To prepare a simple syrup (in place of agave): heat 1 cup of water to boiling. Stir in 1 cup of sugar. Stir until sugar completely dissolves and liquid is clear. Let cool to room temperature before using in cocktails.
- To make a pitcher: Multiply the amounts needed by the servings you are wanting to make (example 6 servings= 6 ounces lime juice, 9 ounces orange liquor, 9 ounces tequila, 3 ounces agave). Stir together, then pour into prepared glasses.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g