This Grapefruit Paloma recipe is so refreshing and classy! This easy to make tequila based drink is perfect for sipping on this weekend!
- 2 ounces tequila
- .5 ounce fresh lime juice
- .5 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces club soda
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
Lime Simple Syrup
- ¼ cup lime juice optional- you can make simple syrup without the lime
- ¼ cup water (if not using lime juice use ½ cup water)
- ½ cup sugar
To prepare the simple syrup pour the lime juice and water into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until boiling. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
To make the lime sugar pour the sugar into a small plate (easier to dip the rim of the glasses into) and add the lime zest. Mix together with fingers until all the zest is combined with the sugar. Rub a slice or grapefruit or lime on the rim of the glass and press down into the lime sugar. Set the glasses aside.
In a shaker or a large glass combine the tequila, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and simple syrup. Shake or stir to combine.
Pour over ice into the glasses rimmed with the lime sugar.
Top with club soda. Stir to combine. Garnish with additional lime or grapefruit slices.
- Use store bought grapefruit juice in place of fresh squeezed.
- Can use grapefruit soda in place of grapefruit juice AND simple syrup.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 210kcal | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Sugar: 10g