Sparkling, Champagne Margaritas will be the highlight of any celebration. Sweet, bubbly, and sparkly. Not to mention they also have all the flavors you love in a margarita, tart and fresh lime juice and the warm earthy notes of tequila.
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur
- 1 ounce lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 ounces champagne
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- zest of 1 lime
Spoon the sugar onto a small plate, add the lime zest. Mix together with fingers until fully combined.
Rub a slice of lime along the rim of the glass to get it wet and dip the rim into the sugar to coat with the lime sugar.
Combine the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice in a glass, stir until mixed.
Top off glass with champagne.
- Tequila: use a blanco or silver
- Lime juice: use freshly squeezed juice
- Champagne: Extra Dry for a bit of sweetness to the drink.
- Making in advance/for a crowd: prepare the margarita mix ahead of time by mixing tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, pour 3 ounces of margarita mix into the glass and then top with champagne. Calculate amount needed by following recipe above (example 20 drinks =20 ounces of tequila, 20 ounces orange liqueur, and 20 ounces lime juice).
Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 50mg | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin C: 9mg | Iron: 1mg