Roasted Tex Mex Potatoes
These Roasted Potatoes are seasoned with a blend of Tex Mex seasonings and fresh cilantro. Baked at a high temperature to ensure crispy skins on the outside and a creamy texture on the inside. This is a great gluten free, vegetarian side dish option to go with all your favorite Tex Mex meals!
- 1 ½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or spray with non stick cooking spray, set aside.
Prepare the potatoes by scrubbing and patting dry. Slice into 1/2 inch size pieces (quartered or more depending on the size of the potatoes.)
Place the potatoes in a large bowl, drizzle with the oil, then add the seasonings. Stir to ensure that the potatoes are completely coated in the seasoning mixture.
Spread the potatoes out onto the prepared baking sheet into an even layer making sure to give some space between for even baking.
Bake for 40 minutes, making sure to flip around using a spatula half way through the baking time to ensure even browning. Potatoes should be fork tender.
Remove from oven, then sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Serve with queso on the side for dipping or drizzling!
- Potatoes: use gold, red, or fingerling potatoes to ensure a creamy texture when roasted.
- Oil: use a high smoke point oil, can sub with extra virgin olive oil if needed.
- Storage: store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: If freezing potatoes to be cooked later, parboil for 3-4 minutes, remove from water and add to bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Pat the potatoes dry then coat with oil and seasonings. Spread out on a baking sheet and freeze overnight, then add to freezer safe bag or container and store for up to 3 months. Remove from freezer and bake at 400 degrees F for 40-50 minutes until crispy on outside and heated throughout.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 593mg | Potassium: 742mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 2mg