Basic Quiche Recipe (Using Any Filling of Your Choice!)
How to make a quiche using any filling of your choice!! This basic quiche recipe is the ONE and ONLY recipe that you need to make a smooth and creamy quiche. All the tips and tricks you need to know to make and serve the best quiche ever!
- 1 pie crust
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup milk (**read all notes on ratios)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- fillings of choice
Prepare Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll pie crust out and fit into 9 inch pie dish. Trim any excess crust and flute the edges.
Blind Bake Crust: Line the inside of the pie crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or beans (I use pinto beans) make sure that they are up against the sides of the pie crust. Bake the crust for about 20 minutes. Remove the weights and then bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. The crust will be golden.
Prepare the egg mixture: add the eggs to a large measuring cup. Add the heavy cream, then add the milk, the total measurement of the eggs, cream and milk should come to 2 and 1/2 cups (600 ml). Add the salt and pepper.
Mix: use a hand mixer, or whisk vigorously, to ensure the egg and cream mixture is completely mixed.
Add Fillings: Spread the desired fillings on the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the egg mixture on top.
Bake: Bake the quiche at 350℉ degrees for about 45-50 minutes. The quiche will be slightly wobbly in just the center.
Cool: Allow to cool for about 20 minutes to room temperature. Quiche can be served warm, cold, or room temperature.
- Ratio: For every 1 egg there should be a total of 1/2 cup (120 ml) of liquid of egg + milk/cream. Using 5 eggs you should have a total of 2 and 1/2 cups (600 ml) of liquid with the eggs, milk and cream.
- Milk & Cream: using this combination will give the best texture, if needed you can use just milk.
- Fillings: Add up to 2 cups of fillings. Meats: should all be pre-cooked and patted dry. Vegetables: should be sautéed and patted dry to remove excess moisture. Tomatoes and spinach can be added fresh to quiches, there is no need to cook either of these before adding in.
- Cheese: Add up to 1 cup. Some options include cheddar, feta, goat cheese, Swiss, or Guyere.
- Nutrition Info: has the crust and egg included. You will need to adjust with the fillings you choose.
- Make Ahead Instructions: blind bake the crust up to 2 days ahead of time and store covered at room temperature. The quiche can be baked and cooled 3 days ahead of time and stored covered in the refrigerator.
- Freezing: Bake according to directions, allow to cool completely, then cover completely with plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. When ready to use, remove from the freezer, uncover from the plastic, cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until warmed.
- Reheating: Cover with foil and bake at a low temperature of 325 for about 15 minutes, just until warmed.
- Crustless: Keep the ratios of egg to milk and cream and add fillings to an empty dish. Then pour the egg mixture over the fillings. Bake for about 45-50 minutes until cooked through and just slightly wobbly in the very center.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 404IU | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg