Queso Fundido. Melty cheese loaded up with spicy chorizo, green chiles, Pico de gallo, and fresh cilantro. Perfect for serving with tortilla chips for a fun appetizer.
- 1 9 oz pkg pork chorizo
- ⅓ cup onion miced
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 cups Oaxaca cheese shredded (can sub with mozzarella if needed)
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- ¼ cup cilantro diced
Preheat oven to 400℉.
Cook the chorizo: heat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Break apart the chorizo while it cooks.
Saute Onion: After chorizo is cooked, add the diced green chiles and onion and cook until onion is softened and translucent.
Add Cheese: Top the cooked chorizo mixture with the shredded cheese.
Bake: 8-10 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
Top: with pico de gallo, fresh diced cilantro.
Serve: with tortilla chips.
- Chorizo: (I typically am unable to drain any excess grease from chorizo..if needed grab a paper towel and soak up some of the grease around the chorizo after it’s cooked.
- Tip: Remove about 2 tablespoons of chorizo from the skillet to save to garnish the top of the queso after baking**
- Diced Green Chiles: for more heat, substitute with fresh jalapeno, leave the seeds and membranes for more heat. Or use another Chile of choice.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1042mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 441IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 326mg | Iron: 1mg