Apple Spice Latte
Apple Spice Latte. This creamy, slightly spicy apple spice latte is the perfect comforting drink to sip on while enjoying all that the Fall Season has to offer.
Apple Spice Syrup
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon apple pie spice*
Apple Spice Latte
- 1 cup coffee
- 4 tablespoons apple spice syrup
- 1/4 cup milk/cream/half n half
- Whipped cream
- Additional apple pie spice
In a small saucepan add the apple juice, water, light brown sugar and apple pie spice. Whisk to combine.
Bring mixture to a simmer while stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer about 5-7 minutes until the amount has reduced to about half. The syrup will be thicker and will thicken more as it cools.
Once the syrup is cooled slightly you can pour into a jar for storage. Can store in air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks. Just shake before use. Can also re-heat before adding to the coffee.
Prepare your coffee.
Pour the 4 tablespoons of apple spice syrup and the milk or cream into the hot coffee. Stir to combine. Serve warm.
- If you don't have apple pie spice on hand you can substitute 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice, and dash ground cloves or ginger.
- The apple spice syrup recipe makes about 1-1 and 1/4 cup of syrup. Store in the refrigerator in a jar or other air tight container. I prefer my lattes with 4 tablespoons of the syrup if you want a bolder spice flavor to your coffee you can increase the amount that you use.
- You can also sub apple cider in the recipe, but the spice flavor is much more pronounced than when using apple juice.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 210kcal | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sugar: 25g