Classic Wedge Salad
This classic and simple wedge salad is crisp and refreshing. A cold wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with a homemade creamy blue cheese dressing, bacon crumbles, diced tomato and chives. Perfect as a side dish for any meal or as a lunch!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices bacon cooked & crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 tbsp chives diced
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
Prepare the lettuce by removing the outer leaves, chop the head of lettuce in half and then half again, making 4 wedges. Cut the end to remove the stem.
Plate the wedges and top with the blue cheese dressing, bacon crumbles, tomato, chives, and additional blue cheese crumbles.
Serve cold and enjoy!
How to cut a Wedge Salad:
Time: Cook and prep time includes time to cook the bacon.
Toppings: Dice the toppings small to help them stay on top of the wedge. Larger pieces will fall off.
- Start with a full head of ice berg lettuce. Remove the outside leaves, typically those leaves are somewhat thin and slightly wilted, or excessively dirty.
- Once the outside leaves are removed then we can cut the head of lettuce in half. Then each half will be cut into half again, leaving us with 1/4 of a lettuce head.
- A small chop to the bottom of the wedge will remove the remainder of the stem. (Step by Step Photos included in post)
Serving: 1 | Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 63mg