Easy to make CHICKEN ENCHILADA ZUCCHINI BOATS! A tasty way to eat more veggies that the whole family will love! A fun alternative to a traditional enchilada with tortillas, making this a gluten free dish,and a tasty way to ensure we’re eating more veggies!
- 1 and 1/2 pounds of chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion (approximately half a small onion)
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 2 cups jack cheese (divided)
- 4–6 medium size zucchinis
- Enchilada Sauce
- diced tomato
- diced green onion
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add the chicken. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Cook about 7 minutes on each side until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the skillet and place on cutting board.
- Add the chopped onion to the skillet and allow to cook for a few minutes until the onion is softened and translucent. Remove from heat.
- Shred the chicken and place in a bowl. Add the garlic powder, cumin, cooked onion, green chiles, and 1 cup of the jack cheese. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise and using a spoon scoop out the center of the zucchini leaving about a 1/4 inch barrier around the edge forming a boat shape.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Line the zucchini in the casserole dish with the boat part facing up. Spoon the chicken and cheese mixture into the zucchinis.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the top. Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of jack cheese and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven allow to cool for about 5 minutes, serve warm and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Protein: 25 g
Keywords: zucchini, enchiladas, tex Mex, dinner,