Classic Southern Coleslaw
Classic Southern Coleslaw. This quick and easy recipe comes together in minutes using only a handful ingredients. The cold, tangy flavors are perfect for pairing with some smokey BBQ meats.
- 14 ounces coleslaw mix or fresh cabbage
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vinegar white or apple cider
- 2 tsp sugar can sub with honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Add the coleslaw mix to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
Drizzle the coleslaw dressing over the cabbage.
Stir to combine.
Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.*
Add fresh ground black pepper just before serving if desired.
- Storage: Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make ahead: this recipe can be made in advance, a couple hours is best, this gives time for the salad to chill and the flavors to meld. To keep the coleslaw crisp though, it is recommend to serve this dish the same day it’s prepared.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 409mg | Potassium: 189mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 187IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg