Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Crispy, chewy whole wheat pizza dough. Perfect for loading up with all your favorite toppings!
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 and 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour (or regular whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl combine the warm water, yeast and honey. Stir to combine. Let sit for about 5 minutes or until foamy.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour and salt. Add in the yeast mixture and mix slowly until a ball of dough forms.
- Lightly coat a large bowl with the olive oil. Place the ball of dough inside the bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a towel.
- Place the bowl in a warm place (see above for a tip about using your oven!) and let rise for 1-2 hours until dough has doubled in size.
- Once dough has risen, punch down and then stretch out to form your pizza dough. This is enough dough to make roughly a 12 inch pizza.
- Add toppings and bake pizza at 425 for about 10-15 minutes or until the crust is browned on the edges.
- Serve and enjoy!