These White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are super soft with the addition of white chocolate pudding, and loaded with bits of crushed up candy canes giving a festive peppermint flavor!
It’s the season for cookies. And for peppermint, and chocolate, and all things sugary and fun. So of course I had to combine all of those things together to make these cookies. I have a slight obsession with peppermint, especially when it’s paired with white chocolate.
These cookies are bursting with white chocolate flavor since they are made with white chocolate pudding mix. I am ashamed to tell you just how many of these cookies I ate all by myself. Well..me and our elf Buddy may have taken one or two for himself.
Just don’t tell anyone that the mischief the elf gets into is actually me. Because then that means I may have eaten one or two more of these cookies than I originally admitted to. Candy canes give these white chocolate peppermint cookies just the right amount of peppermint flavor. I put them into a plastic bag and smashed them with the smooth end of the hub’s muddler, such a nifty tool to have in the kitchen. This creates chunks of peppermint, and also a fine dust which I of course dumped into the cookie dough also, which I think gave these cookies a nice overall peppermint flavoring.
Cookies are definitely best when made around Christmas time. I think the season just calls for cookies. And these White Chocolate Peppermint cookies are the epitome of the Christmas season. So blast some Christmas songs and get to baking. These are so quick and easy to make and trust me, they won’t last in the house for long!
I hope you enjoyed the recipe and will follow along on my cooking adventures:
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ( 3 ounce box) white chocolate pudding
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 3 candy canes , crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a greased cookie sheet, or use parchment paper.
- In medium bowl combine the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream the butter and the sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture, mixing in between. Batter will be thick. Stir until just combined.
- Add in the pudding powder, and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed up candy cane.
- Using a scoop form the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 11 minutes or until cookies are starting to get golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to continue cooling. Enjoy!
More Sweets to Satisfy your Cravings: