This white chicken chili is loaded up with chunks of juicy chicken and has a smooth mild flavor with just a hint of heat.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- 2 cups shredded chicken, or 3 chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 15 ounce cans white beans (drained)
- 11 ounces of diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in the shredded chicken and the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Drain two cans of beans and add to the pot. Drain the third can of beans and using a food processor blend the beans until they are a thick paste. Add this to the pot.
- Add in the chopped jalapeno, green chilies and the seasonings.
- Cover and let the pot simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Garnish the salsa with toppings such as cheese, sour cream, cilantro, jalapenos, salsa. And enjoy!
- Calories: 388
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 47 mg