A warm inviting tres leches drink. Perfect drink for a cold day. A fun and EASY to make alternative to eggnog this Christmas!
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 and 1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, half and half and milk of choice into a medium size saucepan. Cut the vanilla bean in half and scrape the inside. Place both the vanilla bean caviar and the bean into the milk mixture.
- Heat over medium heat until just simmering.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes, remove the vanilla bean prior to pouring into glasses.
- Pour the heavy cream into mixing bowl and beat over medium speed until cream starts to thicken.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Continue to beat over medium to high speed until cream is thick and forming into stiff peaks.
- Pipe onto tres leches drink. Serve the drink warm. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 406
- Sugar: 55 g
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 61 mg
Keywords: warm vanilla bean steamer, tres leches drink,