Twix sugar cookie cups. These sugar cookie cups are filled with caramel and topped with a decadent milk chocolate frosting and covered in even MORE caramel! Inspired by Twix candy bars.
Do you have a favorite candy bar? I do…Twix!! It’s simple and delicious! Cookie bar, caramel, and chocolate. That’s really all it takes to make me happy.
These little cookie cups are inspired by my love of Twix.
Not only delicious, these are so easy to make! I used a sugar cookie mix, no shame here, mixes save me so much time when I’m making dessert. I do agree that typically homemade things do taste better. But seeing as how I’m currently here by myself, three kids, two dogs, and the smallest washer and dryer you’ve ever seen (long story) which means I do an average of 4 loads of wash a day, I’m perfectly fine with using store bought mixes.
I dream about the day when I’m retired, meaning my children are grown up, and I can make my own cookies and cakes from scratch, read a book, and even take a shower every day. Sigh.
To recap, I used a sugar cookie mix. Making these cookie cups are super easy. Mix up the cookie dough as specified on the package, or if you are super mom (I secretly envy you) make your own dough from your preferred recipe. Roll the dough into small balls of about one inch in diameter and place into a mini muffin tin. Press your thumb into the center and create a small crater, slightly pushing the dough up the sides.
Doing this step will help ensure the cookie cups cook more evenly and quickly. Trust me 🙂 even though when you pull them out of the oven the crater will basically have disappeared and be filled back in.
Once they’re cooked you will need to press the center back in again and allow them to cool in the pan for about five minutes before removing them to cool on a wire rack.
Once they’re completely cooled, fill with caramel, I used a caramel ice cream topping. And top off with what could possibly be the best milk chocolate frosting I’ve ever tasted. I of course had to add more caramel on the top of mine. Because…well…just look at it *insert starry eyed smiley face here*
You are going to love these bite sized desserts because they are so easy to make, but they look and taste extravagant! These would be a great treat to bring to potlucks or any get together. Trust me, your friends will all be impressed!
Thanks so much for visiting! Never miss a recipe from the House Of Yumm!Print
Twix Sugar Cookie Cups
These sugar cookie cups are filled with caramel and topped with a decadent milk chocolate frosting.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24
- Sugar cookie dough
- Caramel topping
Milk Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375
- Roll sugar cookie dough into balls one inch in diameter. Place into mini muffin tin, press down center of the dough, so that there is a crater in the center.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until cooked, cookie cups will be slightly golden in color and filled in, in the center. Using spoon press down the center to create the cup shape. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then remove onto a wire cooling rack to continue cooling.
Milk Chocolate Frosting
- In mixer with whisk attachment, mix the room temperature butter and the sugar on low speed until blended, then continue to whisk on medium speed for another couple minutes.
- Add in the vanilla, cocoa powder, and heavy cream. Beat for another 2-3 minutes, add more cream or sugar for desired consistency.
- Fill the cookie cups with caramel topping, then top with the milk chocolate frosting. Add caramel to top as desired.
- Store in air tight container at room temperature.
PS I think you’ll like these too 😉