Easy, cheesy Texas Lasagna! This casserole dish is LOADED with southwest flavors. Layers of corn tortillas, flavorful meat sauce, plus a chile pepper cheese layer will have your mouth watering! Perfect dish for company or family dinner!
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 15.25 ounce can whole kernel golden sweet corn
- 15 ounce can pinto beans
- 14/5 ounce can diced tomato
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups mexican shredded cheese (can use cheddar or jack also)
- Prepare a casserole dish (I used a 9×13) by spraying with cooking spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the sound beef to a large skillet, cook over medium heat until mostly browned. Add in the diced onion. Continue to cook, breaking up the meat until it is fully browned. Add the tomato sauce, green chiles, corn, pinto beans, diced tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Mix in the spices and stir. Allow the meat sauce to simmer over low medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the cheese, in a medium size bowl add the eggs and whisk. Spoon in the ricotta cheese and stir to combine. Add in the chili powder and stir until mixed. Set aside.
- To layer the lasagna start with a layer of tortillas on the bottom. Spoon half of the meat mixture on top. Then add another layer of tortillas, as shown in the picture above. Cover with half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Then 2 cups of shredded cheese. Then repeat with the other half of the meat, a layer of tortillas, the ricotta cheese mixture, then the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to set for a few minutes to cool. Serve warm and enjoy!