Texas Caviar. Fresh, zesty, and flavorful, this dish is loaded with black eyed peas, black beans, corn, tomatoes, bell pepper and avocado all drizzled in a cilantro lime dressing. This easy to make recipe can be served as a side dish, appetizer, or salad!
- 1–15.5 ounce cans Black Eyed Peas, drained and rinsed
- 1– 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1– 15.25 ounce can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, diced
- 2 serrano peppers, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- In a medium size mixing bowl add the black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, and diced serrano peppers. Stir to combine.
- In a jar add the ingredients for the dressing, shake to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the black-eyed peas mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add in the diced avocado.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
If storing the dip overnight, leave the avocado out and add in the day of serving.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Texas Caviar, black eyed peas,