Tex Mex Rice
- 3 cups brown rice cooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper de-seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper de-seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno de-seeded and diced
- 1 11 ounce can whole kernel golden corn
- 2 tablespoons worcestshire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Cook the rice according to directions, with brown rice you want to cook it low and slow. While it’s cooking prep everything else.
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef over medium heat until it is no longer pink. Drain the grease. Add the taco seasoning and water. Stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and allow the meat to cook in the sauce for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked brown rice to the skillet. Stir until mixed. Add the diced bell peppers, jalapeño, and corn. Stir. Add in the worcestshire sauce, salt, chili powder, and cumin. Stir until fully mixed.
- Then add the green onion. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy while warm!