- 3 bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Optional Taco Toppings
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the peppers in half. Spoon out the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers cut side up on a medium size baking sheet.
- Bake the peppers for about 20 minutes until the peppers are softened.
- While the peppers are baking, prepare the taco meat. Place the ground beef into a medium size skillet, cook over medium heat while breaking up the meat. Once the meat is browned and fully cooked, add the taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the cooked meat into the cooked peppers. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- Bake for an additional 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese if desired.
- Serve warm, top with any additional taco toppings desired.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 331 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 23 g
Keywords: taco, stuffed peppers,