Easy Taco Soup! This hearty, flavorful soup is loaded up with ground beef, beans, tomatoes, green chiles, and more. This soup comes together in one pot and in just 30 minutes making it perfect for a weeknight meal for the family.
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15.25 ounce can whole kernel golden sweet corn
- 1 3.8 ounce can sliced olives
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups beef stock
- Add the ground beef to a large pot, cook the meat over medium heat until mostly browned, add the diced onion and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned. Add in the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Drain the grease and return the pot to the stovetop. Pour in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with green chiles, black beans, corn, and olives. Stir to combine. Add in the chili powder, black pepper, salt, cumin, oregano, and garlic powder. Stir until mixed. Pour in the beef stock.
- Allow the soup to come to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
To make this taco soup in the slow cooker : brown the ground beef and cook the onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Then add the meat to the slow cooker. Add in the remaining ingredients. Set to cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
To make this taco soup in the instant pot: set the instant pot to saute, add the ground beef and onion, cook until meat is browned. Drain the grease. Add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 532
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 80 g
- Protein: 35 g
Keywords: soup, taco,