Taco Salad. A classic Tex Mex recipe that is always a big hit!! Salad loaded up with all your favorite taco toppings!
- 1 pound ground beef (80% preferred)
- taco seasoning (this is the BEST EVER TACO SEASONING!!)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 4 cups green leaf lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 4 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced cilantro
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Prepare the taco meat by browning the ground beef over medium heat, breaking up the meat while it cooks. Cook until meat is browned and no longer pink.
- Add in the taco seasoning, stir to combine. Stir in the tomato sauce.
- While the meat is cooking, prepare the veggies and other toppings.
- Assemble the salad by layering the lettuce, taco meat, cheese, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and avocado.
- Spoon on the sour cream and salsa. Use equal parts sour cream and salsa to make a taco salad dressing. You can mix this together in a separate bowl and add to the salad or spoon onto the salad and mix it all together at once.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 458
- Sodium: 386 mg
- Fat: 32 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 33 g
- Cholesterol: 101 mg
Keywords: taco salad