Taco Burgers and Peach Salsa
Peach salsa is fresh, sweet and spicy. The fruity sweetness of the peaches paired with the crispy crunch of the fresh corn pair perfectly with spicy jalapeño. All mixed together with a pairing of lime juice and honey. This salsa is fantastic on its own, with chips, or used as a burger topping!
This post has been sponsored by King’s Hawaiian®️ Bakery West, Inc., The Coca-Cola Company and Beef Loving Texans. All thoughts and options are my own.
Hello my fellow Texans!! The summer season is coming to a close with schools starting soon. Although, to be honest, the weather will remain the highest it has been all year for a while. Meaning that there is still PLENTY of time to have a good ol’ Texas cookout!
Which is why I am SO excited to be partnering up with King’s Hawaiian and Coca-Cola! Coca-Cola is simple and refreshing. The original, indescribably delicious cola taste. And the perfect complement to food. King’s Hawaiian rolls happen to be my 2-year old’s favorite snack food. He’s beyond happy with their uniquely soft and fluffy breads that have just a touch of sweetness. If I put a smear of peanut butter on them, he’s in heaven! But that’s not what we’re doing today! Today we will be pairing with some great tasting, sizzling beef! Best of all you can find all of these products at your local HEB store!
How to Make Peach Salsa:
- Cut the corn off the cob. I used fresh, raw corn. This way you preserve the flavor of the corn.
- Dice the peaches, leave the skin on, and dice to match the size of the corn kernels.
- Remove the seeds and membranes of the jalapeño and dice.
- Dice the green onion and cilantro.
- Combine the ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the salsa, drizzle with honey and a small amount of olive oil, could also sub this with avocado oil.
- Stir to combine. Cover and store in the refrigerator. The flavors will blend as it chills. This salsa can be made the day before if desired.
How to Make Taco Burgers:
- Place the ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the spices (salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder)
- Mix in the chopped cilantro.
- Gently mix the ingredients together. We don’t want to pack the meat too tightly.
- Separate the meat into 4-6 equal portions, depending on how big you want to make the patties.
- Gently form the meat into patties; using a spoon or thumb, form a crater in the center of the patty, this will prevent doming while it cooks and helps to keep the patties from shrinking too much.
- Preheat the grill, these will cook over direct medium heat. Heat the grill to 400-500 degrees.
- Place the patties on the heated grill over the direct heat, cook with the lid on.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes, then flip. Only flip the burger patties one time. Continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes, then place the cheese on top of the patties.
- Cover and continue to cook an additional minute to melt the cheese.
- Ground beef burgers should cook to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
This summer, King’s Hawaiian, Coca-Cola and the Texas Beef Council are giving away five (5) “Sweet Summer Texas Getaways” to one of Texas’ most exclusive escapes…the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa.
- Located in the Texas hill country
- Valued at $2,000 each
- Sweepstakes also includes (25) Secondary Prizes: HEB KODI Cooler filled with great prizes!
- Enter NOW at TexasSummerSweepstakes.com
- No purchase necessary
- Must be Texas resident, 18 years and up to enter
- Enter by September 4th, 2019
For your next cookout, visit your neighborhood HEB for “FREE HEB Fully Cooked Shredded Beef when you buy King’s Hawaiian and Coca-Cola.” Look for the HEB Yellow Coupon in-store August 14th through the 27th.
Taco Burgers and Peach Salsa
- 2 cups fresh corn cut off the cob (approx 3 ears)
- 2 cups fresh peaches (approx 2 peaches), diced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, diced
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
Taco Burger Patties
- hamburger buns
- tomatoes, sliced
- pepper jack cheese, or cheese of choice
- Prepare the peach salsa by combining all ingredients into a medium size bowl. Stir to combine. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the burgers by adding the ground beef to a medium size bowl. Add the seasonings (salt, black pepper, cumin, and chili powder). Stir to combine. Add in the chopped cilantro. Stir together.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium high heat of 400-500℉ degrees.
- Separate the meat into 4-6 equal portions (depending on how big you want the patties). Make the patties slightly larger than the King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns. Gently form the meat into round patties, use your thumb or a spoon to form a crater in the center, this prevents doming and too much shrinking while the patties cook.
- Spread some butter on the cut sides of the King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns.
- Grill the burger patties over medium direct heat, with the lid on, for 4-5 minutes. Flip the burger patties only once and continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes, add a slice of cheese to each burger patty, cover and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until you reach medium doneness at 160℉ degrees.
- Toast the buns on the grates, butter side down for a couple minutes until the bread is toasted.
- Prepare the burgers by layering desired toppings with the burger on each King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Bun.