Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing. This salad is loaded up with fresh strawberries, candied pecans, feta cheese and drizzled with an easy to make sweet poppyseed dressing. Perfect dish for springtime!
- 1/2 cup halved pecans
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated white onion
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Mixed spring greens
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat, add the light brown sugar, salt and water to the skillet. Heat until a smooth consistency. Add the pecans and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove pecans from skillet and spread out onto parchment or wax paper and allow to cool.
- Add all the ingredients to a medium size jar, tighten the lid and shake until all combined.
- Assemble the salad by layering the spring greens, diced strawberries, candied pecans, and feta. Drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy!
**As noted in post you can candy the pecans in maple syrup instead of light brown sugar.
**Also as discussed in the post you can sub out vegetable oil for olive oil if desired. And you can sub out the sugar and sweeten the dressing with honey.