Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles! Homemade lemonade and fresh cut strawberries meld together to create refreshing popsicles loaded with a sweet lemon flavor.
Well hello there Popsicle Week.
I’ve been so excited to share these popsicles with you! Not just because they are so pretty. But because they are so refreshing!
Homemade lemonade, fresh cut strawberries. Really there’s no going wrong here.
With this being the first full week of summer I figured we could probably all use a little refreshment right about now. Especially since the weather has already been in full summer mode for a couple of weeks now.
Although we did have a storm dump quite a bit of rain on us over the weekend.
These popsicles start with a basic homemade lemonade. A simple syrup paired with some water and fresh squeezed lemon juice is all it takes. Once you make the lemonade, you can take a sip, keep in mind freezing the lemonade will tame the sweetness so it may taste a bit sweet to start. Feel free to add more lemon juice if needed. However too much will make the popsicles too tart. And you will find your face puckering while trying to enjoy them.
I made these popsicles in little Dixie cups because, hello cuteness appeal. But you can also make them in regular popsicle molds of course.
To make them in the Dixie Cups just cut a little square of foil to place over the top of the cup and carefully poke the popsicle sticks through the foil, this will help to keep the stick in the center of the cup while the popsicles freeze.
More Frozen Treat Recipes:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Simple Syrup from above
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- In a small saucepan heat the water and sugar stirring often, don’t bring to a boil. Just heat enough so that the sugar completely dissolves in the water and the mixture is clear. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- To prepare the lemonade, mix the fresh lemon juice with the water and cooled simple syrup.
- In each popsicle mold or Dixie Cup if you choose to use those, add a few slices of strawberry then fill the rest of the mold with the homemade lemonade.
- Add the popsicle sticks, if using the Dixie Cups cut a small square of foil to cover the top of the cup and place the popsicle stick through the foil, this will help hold it in place.
- Place the popsicle molds into the freezer and allow to freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.