A cold, refreshing strawberry margarita made with fresh strawberries and poured over coconut gelato!
- 1/2 lb strawberries hulled
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (1/2 cup water + 1/2 cup sugar, heat until boiling and the sugar completely dissolves. Can be done on stove top or in microwave)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 small limes)
- 1 and 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- Diced strawberries
- Coconut gelato (or ice cream of choice)
- Take out the tequila and orange liqueur. Just add a splash of orange juice instead.
- Add the hulled strawberries, simple syrup, lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur to a blender.
- Blend until strawberries are completely pureed and you have a liquid juice. (If you don’t have a blender you can use a food processor for this.)
- In a cup add the scoops of coconut gelato or ice cream of choice. Topped with some diced strawberries. Pour half of the strawberry margarita over the ice cream.
- This recipe makes enough for 2!