Southwest Breakfast Tacos. These tacos are loaded up with all the goods! Scrambled eggs, bacon, black beans, lettuce, sour cream and fresh pico de Gallo.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Omni Hotels & Resorts. The opinions and text are all mine.
Here in Dallas, one of the best known hotels is the Omni. And I am so excited to have partnered up with them to share with you that the Omni Hotels & Resorts have launched a new Kid’s Menu through the Omni Originals Program. Omni Originals:Culinary Kids. This spirited menu caters to children 12 and younger with enhanced palates and bold preferences.
Of course the first recipe that caught my eye was these Southwest Breakfast Tacos. But it was a tough choice of what to share with y’all. Some of the other options on the new Culinary Kid’s Menu at the Omni Hotels & Resorts include:
- Pancake Parfait Tacos- Pancakes, yogurt, strawberries, granola, apples, local honey
- Banana Skewers- Banana, yogurt, caramel sauce, Nutella, Fruity Pebbles
- Hen House Fried Chicken on a Stick- Choice of grilled or fried chicken, choice of fruit cocktail or French fries served with barbecue, honey mustard or avocado ranch
- Fromage Dipper- American cheese, bacon, house made tomato soup served with avocado ranch, barbecue and local jam
- Classic Diner Float- Scooped ice cream, soda
My kids were so excited to hop in the kitchen with me to recreate these Southwest Breakfast Tacos from the new menu at the Omni. This dish is perfect for my little ones. They have a deep love for all things Southwest and Tex Mex. My four year old little boy says he gets his energy from burritos.
How to Make Southwest Breakfast Tacos:
Putting together these tacos was fairly simple. To start we prepped all of the ingredients. Cooked up our scrambled eggs. Cooked the bacon. Shredded some cheddar cheese. We used canned black beans to save some time. And a bagged shredded lettuce.
- Scrambled eggs: of course I have my own method for the BEST scrambled eggs, it’s the same way I shared with my other basic Texas style Breakfast Taco. And I’m sharing more in the recipe card down below also.
- Cook the bacon
- Assemble other ingredients, and put it all together!
I hope seeing this recipe and some of the others that are available will entice you to give the Omni a try! I am so excited to take my own crew on over to the one in Dallas for a meal that I know they will enjoy!
More recipes you may enjoy:
For more information, be sure to check out the Omni website.Print
Southwest Breakfast Tacos. These tacos are loaded up with all the goods! Scrambled eggs, bacon, black beans, lettuce, sour cream, cheese and fresh pico de Gallo.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 6 flour tortillas
- In a medium size bowl beat the eggs with the milk and mix in the salt and pepper.
- Place a medium size skillet on the stovetop and heat over medium heat, spray with non-stick spray, or add a small pad of butter and let it melt.
- Pour in the egg mixture. Allow the eggs to cook over medium heat, once the eggs start to cook and you are able to scrape the pan and create scrambled eggs, lower the heat to a low medium. Stir occasionally while the eggs cook to scramble them.
- In another large skillet cook the bacon over medium heat to desired doneness.
- Heat the flour tortillas either on a skillet or in the microwave. Then layer the ingredients into the tortillas to create the breakfast tacos. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 21 g
Keywords: southwest breakfast tacos,
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Omni Hotels & Resorts. The opinions and text are all mine.11