Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Apple Cider. Enjoy all the flavors of fall with this pumpkin spice infused apple cider made using REAL apples!
- 8 cups (64 ounces) water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 10 apples cut into quarters
- 1 nutmeg seed (or 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg)
- 3 cinnamon sticks (or 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves (or 2 teaspoons ground cloves)
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- In large slow cooker (at least 6 quarts) add the water, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Add in the cut apples and spices.
- Cook on high heat for at least 2-3 hours until the apples are softened, then mash with a potato masher. Continue cooking on high heat for another hour.
- Turn the slow cooker off and allow to cool for about 15-20 minutes. Carefully spoon the cider out with a ladle and pour through a fine mesh strainer into a large jug, to catch all the mashed apple and large spices.
- Store the cider in a closed container in the refrigerator. Serve cider hot or cold.
Adapted from Homemade Apple Cider Recipe