Skinny Chocolate Muffins
These Skinny Chocolate Muffins are dreamy and chocolate-y. Bursting with bits of melted chocolate chips making this healthy breakfast as enjoyable as eating a brownie.
Raise your hand if you like to start your day with brownies! I know I do. Unfortunately, it’s not always a healthy option. Which is where these Skinny Chocolate Muffins come in. These muffins are completely healthy. No oils, no refined sugars, no eggs, made with whole white wheat flour. They may be skinny, and healthy, but they are absolutely bursting with chocolate! These chocolate muffins are now my favorite way to start my day.
These muffins are made super moist by using unsweetened applesauce and greek yogurt in place of the oil. I also replaced sugar with agave nectar. If you don’t have this on hand you could also use honey, or maple syrup. Each of these muffins is only about 95 calories. And I can think of no better way to enjoy 95 calories than with these muffins!
Using mini chocolate chips ensures that you will have a little bit of melty chocolate in each bite. Which is what makes these skinny chocolate muffins so fudge like. The recipe calls for 1/4 a cup of chocolate chips, but you can feel free to add just a smidge more. Shh..I won’t tell.
If you make this recipe make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with #houseofyumm ! I love seeing your creations! Follow me for more pictures of food, and the occasional child also. Click here!
I hope you enjoyed the recipe and will follow along on my cooking adventures:Print
Skinny Chocolate Muffins. Made with Whole Wheat Flour, egg free, oil free, no refined sugars. Tastes like a fudgy brownie!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/8 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl combine the white wheat flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl add the greek yogurt, applesauce, agave, and vanilla extract. Stir to completely combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Pour in the cocoa powder, stirring until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of batter into muffin tins. Should make exactly 9 muffins.
More Breakfast Recipes from House of Yumm:
More Muffin Recipes from my blogging buddies!